More than any other holiday, Thanksgiving is the time when we gather around the table to celebrate with family and friends. Many of you are traveling to visit your family, and many of you are receiving family and friends for Thanksgiving. Soon there will be the familiar and anticipated aromas coming from the kitchen and we will gather around the table to enjoy a fabulous meal prepared by loving hands and give thanks for all of our blessings.
This is also the time of year that I suggest for an annual review of your legal life plan because the people you love and want to protect are right there with you. So this weekend, as you savor the leftovers, ask yourself the following questions.
- Do I need a Will?
- If I have a Will, has anything major occured in my life this past year so that I should review it with an attorney?
- Do I need to look into setting up a trust?
- Have I reviewed all of my beneficiary designations on such things as life insurance policies and retirement plans?
- Do I need a living Will?
- Do I need a Power of Attorney for financial matters?
- Do I need a Power of Attorney for health care?
- Do I need a prenuptial agreement?
- Do I need a postnuptial agreement?
- Do I need a domestic partnership agreement?
If you would like to discuss your own personal situation with me, review your current legal life plan, or put together a legal life plan that is tailored for your needs, you can get a free 30-minute consultation simply by filling out this contact form. I will get back to you promptly.
From my home to yours, I wish you a very Happy Thanksgiving! May you and your family continue to be blessed.